Monday, January 10, 2011

Bon Voyage Me

Bad planning has led to today's blog being typed on an iPhone from a departure gate in Gatwick. Despite how handy it is for many other things doing a blog on Steve Jobs's smaller robot baby is a hugely annoying and slow task. I'm keeping myself going by pretending I'm a huge giant using an iPad. Questions as to how they'll let a huge giant on a plane are being ignored, as are those about why I'm more wealthy as a giant. Though I presume I'd get some great acting work or at least get paid by old and small people to get stuff off shelves. Being a giant is obviously very profitable. Note that you can play this game in reverse if you have an iPad and pretend you're a tiny pixie playing on an iPhone. However then you don't get all the pretend dreams of riches that come with being unable to find big enough trousers ever and the ability to drink a pint like it's a shot.

Anyway I digress. I'm about to go on the first sort of holiday I've had in years and I'm excited. Well mostly excited. It's been so long since I've gone anywhere with the sole purpose of relaxing and having fun that the mere concept is causing panic about all the work I should be doing and what I'll have to do when I get back. Essentially I'm an idiot. I'm going to try my best not to. I'm also going to try my best not to do any work but have already agreed to email several things to people by tomorrow with heavy regret. Admittedly I will only do this after drinking with Keith Farnan in Dublin's fair city so the quality of such emails will also give the recipients heavy regret that they dared ever to ask me anything while I'm meant to be resting.

I'm getting RSI in my thumb from excessive typing so I'm going to abandon this soon, but I'll be blogging over the next week when I can to tell you of my adventures in Dublin, Oslo and Tromso. With luck I'll see the Northern Lights, go whalewatching and do whatever it is you're meant to do in Dublin. Drink possibly. Which if done enough may ruin all the other plans. Hmm. I may need to think this through

No comments:

Post a Comment